Soc It To Me!

Yes, I have an addiction to web tools. Call me crazy, or just a glutton for sign-up forms. Too often I find myself trying out those crafty emails that come in, prompting me to give something a shot.
Beyond my favorites, like ClassDojo, Kidblog, Epals, and Edmodo, Socrative is right up there.
The boiled down purpose of the site is a classroom response system.
For my class, we have aging computers on a mobile lab, but this site can jazzy up my classroom by creating a response system that gives me instant feedback.
An example use, is that my students have just taken notes on the use of setting in their writing.

Now that my students have their notes. (I give a picture to go with each note: Wings, A student looking out the window, Facial emotions, and a Brain). They are all set to take my quiz I created.
You can access my quiz with this number: SOC-454248

To get to my quiz, the kids visit our Socrative site, enter our classroom code, and start the quiz.

When the students are done, I can see their answers. Now for this quiz, I do have to read there responses, but a multiple choice quiz would reveal their scores.

Other uses for this program: Math answer responses, review for a test, or whatever your brain conjures....

One thing that needs to grow is the sharing of quizzes. If you are using, please share your topics and numbers. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments