Before We Got Lost.....

I am a greenhorn.
I have only written about 80 weeks of lesson plans.
I have only written up two kids so far.
I am still shocked to be called, "Mom" or "Dad" by a student.
I am a novice.
I get sad when the last day of school is over.
I can get choked up teaching something I love.
I didn't know how much I was getting paid my first year.
I am such a beginner.
My time estimation for a lesson is still sub par.
My desk is sometime covered in kid art I feel bad about chucking.
I still think it would be pretty cool to teach year round.
I forget a kid is getting picked up and send him to the bus.
I check my mailbox and then spend half my planning talking to a colleague.
I am an infant in teacher years.

As I reflect on all the stuff that makes me so inexperienced, I realize that many of those things can and probably will change in a few years. Some of these things I hate to think about them changing. I fear I will lose some of my passion and become that robot teacher (regurgitating the same lessons and jokes year after year). I am afraid I will let it just become a job.

Post a Comment

0 Comments