A Beautiful Send Off

Maybe I get too sentimental. Maybe I am a softy. Whatever the case, this year I am teaching 4th grade. This is the top grade in our school, and without some major changes, it will be the last time I see these kids. When I started to think about a way to send them off, I kept coming back to the idea of an Exit Interview. This interview will be a chance for the kids to brag about the mark they have left on the school.
I have designated a place in my classroom that I am calling, "The Office." The kids think it is weird/funny that I have partitioned off a part of my room, but they are kind of used to my antics.
Each kid has been given a set date and time for their meeting. (They may bring their parents if they want.) I have also given the kids the questions a head of time so they know what I will be asking them.
For some of the kids, they will blow this off, and that is okay. In many ways, this is my Schindler's List. This is my last moment to create an impact on a bunch of twenty two kids that I adore. Maybe this is mostly for me.

Here is the invitation I created:
Exit Interview

Can you share your end of the year plans? How do you gracefully say goodbye to a great class?


Post a Comment

0 Comments