End of Year Airplanes

In my last post, I mentioned some fun things I am doing to finish out the school year. One of the great activities we did a few weeks back was a paper airplane project.

I reserved the gym for the afternoon.

Then I walked the kids through creating their planes.
We also used this as a way to think again about the steps of the scientific method. We specifically focused on what we could do to make sure experiment was fair.

At the gym, we marked out distance with yardstick and masking tape. Each notch was one foot.
The kids really had a blast.
One of the tricks of being a teacher is to allow your kids to do those "forbidden" things every once in a while. Flying planes in school is definitely one of those forbidden things.

You can download the form here:
Airplane Data Experiment

The airplanes we use can be found here.

Post a Comment

0 Comments