Weeks 6-Something Using Technology

It's been a long time since I talked about my tech. use.

Here is a quick update.

I have found some sweet apps to use on my Ipod Touch. Kid Favorites:
The World (Kids look up facts about a specific country)
Train Conductor 1 and 2 (Kids favorite game with a nice twist of strategy and quick thinking)
Mathster (Fast, Easy to Use, and Reinforces fact families)

My favorites:
Evernote (I have my students record their Dolch lists so I can review on my time)
Chorepad (I have a new student track their classmates class job completion)
Read Me Stories (I have my students look and listen to stories)

Ones I am looking to use once I get Wifi:
Tales to Go
Dragon Dictation
Discovery News


I also took advantage of the deal on 2 Flip Cameras for $150. I got one for my class and donated the second to the school to use. Starting today, the camera is out on loan to a student for an extra credit project. She is recording a tour of her house, having use meet her family, and is going to interview her brother. This is just the first of 5 kids who are completing the requirements to take the video camera home and use for an extra credit project.
Other projects kids are doing:
- Recording a weekend trip
- A Tour of My Town
-Meet the High School Wrestlers

I am really excited to see what they come up with!

I also applied for a grant to get an IPAD for my classroom. Keep your fingers crossed.

How have you been using technology the past two months? What is your plan of action for the New Year?

Post a Comment

0 Comments