Five For One Project: 20 Teachers Needed


The Five For One Project was birthed by a simple concept, at-risk youth need caring teachers.

The past three years teaching, it never fails that I always have one student who needs me more than the others. This is not because I am great in any sense. Their need is due to a lack of some sort at home. Many times the kids just need someone to show attention and let them know that you care. This simple concept is what got me thinking about starting a call to teachers around the country to be intentional about investing in One Student for Five Days Straight (and document your experience).

Who: I am looking for 20 teachers to take on this task with me.

When: starting date is a bit open. 5 for 1 should be completed and documented by Feb. 25, 2011.

How: Simply pick the student you want to invest in. Spend days showering them with care and positive attention. Document your experience (daily or at the end of the week).

Where: We will use a hashtag on Twitter (I use Tweetdeck): #541. We will also use Wallwisher. You can also document your findings on your blog. Post them below in the comments, or even create a wiki. Make sure you share links to your thoughts. When talking about a student please choose a fake name or use initials.

Why: You are a teacher. You have the ability to change lives through your words and actions.

Please pass this around and share with other teachers. 20 is certainly not the limit!

Sign Up:


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. This really works. I did it in my third grade classroom whenever I started to get that feeling that a student and I may not be clicking. As soon as this started to happen I would set a goal to have a conversation with the student for at least 5 minutes every day for at least 2 weeks. It was amazing to see how much I liked each student regardless of other things that may have been going on. Each child is amazing and wonderful and sometimes all it takes is simply 5 minutes a day to discover that.

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)