Best Sites to Connect with Other Classes

If you are like me, you have big dreams of building an awesome connection with another classroom (maybe in your state or even around the world), and having it inspire your students. You dream of them collaborating on projects, emailing or writing letters, sharing their culture, and learning from each other. This stuff is all possible, but sometimes it is hard to find the place to build these connections. Here is a list (you might want to bookmark this post or each link) to get you started (this is not exhaustive in the least):
You should be able to connect with someone through one of these sites. I know last school year, my second grade students connected with the eIditarod, Trees Around the World, and Write On... all from connections I found on the above sites.

Have a great site to add? Leave a comment and I will add it to the list.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I knew I wanted to collaborate on a global scale and give others an option to do so as well so I created the Global Read Aloud Project to do just that. You can check it out globalreadaloud.blogspot.com - it starts on Sept 20th and we have more than 30 schools/educators signed up to all read The Little Prince and connect/share while reading it aloud. Check it ut, I am very excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about epals http://www.epals.com/ for pen pals around the world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to use epals in my class, and I am trying this year to get it approved (for the second time). Have you used it?
    My school is so cautious.
    I heard it is really great.

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)