You Can't! (Will Richardson Video)



I love and agree with what Will Richardson has to say in this video. I fully believe that this new paradigm shift in connectedness and networking is here to stay. I think it is changing the classroom whether we accept it or not. Here is where you respond. You are passionate and ready to roll out a plan of action using blogs, twitter, social bookmarking, and online video. When you get to school with your outline for the year, you realize everything you want to use is blocked. You have to make a request for approval. What do you say to the principal whose technology baths have only included email?

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I work in the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), and I encountered this problem when I first tried to use web2.0 in the classroom. However, with a little investigation, I found the technology chief, who is responsible for selecting what is blocked. Our school (and others) have petitioned this person to unblock a few sites (Twitter is the most notable), and the requests have been granted. If you make a case for why the site has educational value, many times, the people in charge will change.

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)