Inspiring Movies for Teachers

Last night my wife was watching one of my favorite movies, Pay it Forward. One of the most important dialogues takes place when 11 year old Trevor goes for his first day of school. He meets his new teacher, Mr. Simonet, who gives all the kids a challenge to change the world. The line I love is when Trevor shoots back a quick, "What have you ever done to change the world?" Mr. Simonet is taken aback and replies with mumbling reply about showing up. This is an all around great movie to inspire teachers because it shows how the words we speak can make a difference.
I love teacher movies, and I decided to give you a list of ones that inspire me. These are not listed in order of value, they are just numbered for my sense of order.

1. Dead Poets Society (great scene below)

2. Pay it Forward
3. Freedom Writers
4. Antwone Fisher (this is not directly a teacher, but a counselor role. ALWAYS CHOKES ME UP!)
5. Half Nelson
6. Good Will Hunting (also kind of a counselor role)
7. Finding Forrester
8. The Hurricane
9. The Man Without a Face
10. The Great Debaters

These are my favorites? Got something to add to the list, leave a comment below.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I had forgotten how much I love Dead Poet's Society. Thanks for Sharing your list. I would add Mr. Holland's Opus. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Sir, with Love starring Sidney Poitier

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)