Glogster (edu) amazing!

Glogster (edu version)

I am extremely excited about the possibility of using this tool in my second grade class this year. I say possibly, because there is a high chance this amazing tool is blocked.

What do I love about it?

Kids can:
  • Create an amazing looking page with completely customizable backgrounds. Here is an example of one I created to introduce myself to my students.
  • Link almost anything you place on the page, including pictures, text, and graphics.
  • Easily embed their project on just about any page.
  • Place tags with their project to connect them with other similar glogs.
  • Easily incorporate animated graphics because they are include with the tool without using any code.
  • Do there project online (it's web-based) so there is nothing to download.
  • Access all their glogs through an easy to use dashboard (which include messaging, connections to classmates, comments, and simple data tracking).
Teachers can:
  • Create an entire class through their dashboard,
  • Subscribe to RSS feeds to track changes and updates.
  • Try the premium features free for a month and sign up to get loads of extra features.
  • Hit on Multiple Intelligences, Key in on Differentiated Instruction, Give freedom to Learning Styles, and Let Assessment lead the way.
Try it out and let me know what you think. I think you will be amazed at how much you can do.


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. You have found an engaging tool to use with your students. I suggest that if 2.0 tools are blocked in your district you contact the IT director and gain permission based on a trial basis. Not all districts block 2.0 tools, in fact many encourage their use in the classroom. Glogster is a heavily used tool (and it is easy too). Good luck with your projects this next year and keep engaging students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about glogster as well http://vestaltech.edublogs.org/2010/01/15/digital-posters/
    It is a great tool and in my post I addressed the blocking issue. We worked with our IT department to make sure all parts were unblocked, it isn't just the site that needs to be, but the images as well and glogster gives details outlining what you need to do to unblock all the functionality of the tool.
    I hope you have as much luck as we did in our district- it is a very engaging tool that the students loved using!
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)