The Agents of Change

I absolutely love the quote by Ghandi, "Be the change you want to see in the world." I have seen it used in a many contexts, so I am using again here in a blog about being a teacher for change. I have to start off by saying that this blog is inspired by another great blog post from Jane Hart. You should probably go read her post, and then come back here.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Your back! Okay, so you saw that awesome graphic right? You read that poem?


via janeknight.typepad.com

There is no question that there is much that stands between teachers and the changes that need to happen. What happens when that "Big Frickin' Wall" is other teachers (I hear it from a few veterans who resist change because they think things change too often)? What if it is your administration? What if it's lack of resources or a school district that doesn't budget well and holds hands with the incremental?

The truth behind it all is that we can't afford to be teachers that can't jump, climb, or barrel through walls. Our kids and society are counting us to be the best. We must be reshaping, improving, and adapting to be the best in our field. How many great inventions can you think of that have not changed for the better? We are all tools, always being reformed in the fire.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Richard Halkett of Cisco said at BLC10 that transformational innovations are those which "change the script" of what we do. I find this to be a great way to thimk about making the sort of changes you are talking about here.

    http://bobsprankle.com/bitbybit_wordpress/?p=2197

    BTW, I'm not sure why, but I couldn't paste this comment on your website when I accessed it this evening from my iPad. I had to copy the comment over to Evernote, sync, and post it from another computer. I'm not sure if this was related to your Blogger theme or something else. I hadn't run into this before leaving comments on my iPad on other blogger sites, so I thought I'd let you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)