5 Sites For Frequent Class Use

I have stumbled across a lot of great sites in the past couple of years. Some of them are really good, but the kids are bored with them in a few days. The best sites are updated often, and have various facets to be discovered. These five sites are ones that I found most useful with my second graders:

  • Cool Math Games
  • Spelling City (I have to say this site is a must if you teach spelling. You can save your lists and there are sections for spelling and vocabulary with tons of games).
  • Read Write Think (student interactives) You will need to direct the kids to the activities you want them to work with.
  • I Know That (create an account all the kids can log in with)
  • Storyline (streaming popular kid lit read by famous folks)
I hope you find these sites helpful.
Got a great one to share? Leave a comment and share your gems.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Great list – Some of them are really useful. Thanks!



    I use a great teaching tool in my class – Video lessons off the web to reinforce simple concepts, especially before test time. The guys at TenMarks have a FREE video library for teachers, with video lessons across loads of concepts for grades 3-10.

    TeacherZone – http://teacher.tenmarks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. More Sites from Patricia:
    For a class, a few sites that I don't think have been mentioned yet are

    Multiplication.com

    MathPlayground.com

    and

    MathCats.com

    -Patricia
    elementaryteachersnetwork.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)